Design Street Scholarships
We offer need-based
scholarships and have
application forms for Young Artists (preschool and grades K-12), and
Adults. If your child qualifies for the State of Michigan free or
reduced lunch program,
even if you do not participate, they will qualify. Guidelines can be
found at the bottom of this page. If you do not qualify for State free
or reduced lunch program but have special circumstances that
warrant financial assistance, please explain on your application.
Scholarship GuidelinesPlease read carefully before completing application. Contact the program director firstname.lastname@example.org with questions or for assistance in completing scholarship applications.
- The decision of the scholarship jury is final.
- Scholarship funds are limited. It is possible that not everyone who applies will receive financial assistance. In order to provide the most effective assistance, scholarships generally cover 50% of an art class or art camp fee.
- Scholarships are tuition waivers, which must be used in the designated term and year.
- Separate applications are required for each term. Scholarships may be applied to one course selection only.
- Applicants must pay material fees when needed.
Download and complete the appropriate scholarship application. Young Artist or Adult
A letter of recommendation from teacher, counselor, religious organization, or community member addressing the applicant's financial need, motivation, and ability is strongly recommended.
Return completed application to Rachel Hopkins at Design Street prior to completing class registration and a minimum of 30 days prior to the start of the art class, workshop or art camp.
Give the Gift of Art:
Please consider a donation to the Design Street Scholarship Fund. We regularly receive requests from students and families in need of financial assistance for enrollment. Any amount is appreciated.
To donate, please call Rachel Hopkins at (269) 615-0884 for more information.